Fine Art/huldah painting of (IN CENTRAL PARK)#v55O___294

My mother-in-law has this painting and i wanted to know if it had any value to it its and HULDAH and its in an old wooden frame and on the back of the frame its covering the back of the picture with a piece of paper that has the (WINDSOR MODE STYLED BY ILLINOIS MLDG.CO.CHICAGO_ILL.)

Dear Michael,

From the information you have given me; I am certain you have a reproduction print on heavy cardboard after a painting by Cherry Jeffe Huldah, (1901-2001), an American artist who specialized in the theme of French (Parisian) women, Ballerinas and children. She did many paintings around New York and Central Park and Tavern on the Green are prominent in her work. It was common practice for many years for art publishers to photograph an original painting, print it on to a piece of heavy cardboard, and then frame it for the decorative home art market. To make the print more realistic and have the look of an original oil painting, they added brushstroke texture. This also enabled them to frame without glass. I have seen many of these prints after the paintings of Cherry Huldah. If you think it may be an oil painting, the best way for you to determine if it is original is to view the image with a high magnification glass, such as a jeweler’s loupe. If you see a dot or line pattern it is a print. There is no real investment value to these prints and most of the older ones have been affected by exposure to light and moisture.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.