Fine Art/any info on this painting

front painting
front painting  
no flash picture of front painting

Thank you for posting all three images, Melissa.
Based on the supplied information and images, the painting would indeed appear to be a 19th. century European genre work; of a romantic landscape. (possibly Dutch - or, German???)

Unfortunately, the Internet can only help you part of the way.

In order to achieve clarity and expedite matters more quickly, I would suggest the most logical step would be to get in touch with either Sotheby's, Bonhams, Christies in the U.S.
Unfortunately; you give no indication as to your location, however - the yellow pages will point you in the right direction.

It is very important that you either contact one, or more - of these auction houses in this matter,(good second opinions are always an asset.)
The work itself; is fairly valuable and therefore - does not fall into the typical, "yard sale" category. Hence my advice and words of caution.   

Those afore mentioned institutions, undoubtedly are the most appropriate ones which you ought to approach. They do indeed, have all the necessary expertise to help with the following;
a) give you the all important "hands on" examination of the work.
b) assist with establishing the necessary, authorship, provenance, including any forensics and valuations.

Such matters, are never straight forward and do cost both time and effort for all those involved.
Very good luck with the next stage. At least you now have a secure route mapped out, in order to help you even more.
I wish you all the best; and very good luck with the painting!!!

Take care.

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.