Fine Art/Painting

Question
I purchased a painting at a yard sale.  The label is from Catalda Fine Arts, Inc. New York, NY.  Title: Field of Flowers  Artist Van Gogh  Frame No. SB (and what looks like it could have been) 238?  Can you tell me if there is any value to this painting?

Answer
Dear Bambi,

I hope you are doing well. Catalda Fine Arts released open edition copies of paintings; often on heavy cardboard with brush strokes to make the print look more realistic and to protect the paper. You have a copy after one of Van Gogh's paintings and thus it is considered decorative art. The value of decorative art is often based the quality of the copy, the condition, and the desirability of the image. You can get good quality reproductions of Van Gogh paintings on the internet. I would do a Google search for Van Gogh, Field of Flowers, art print and see what you come up with. Use the Google images option to locate one that resembles yours. There are many images with the same name.

One way to confirm it is a print is if you have a jewelers loupe or other high magnification. View the painting in an area where the color changes from dark to light. If you see any type of pattern, you have a print. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley