Fine Art/Paul Sample print

Question
picture by Paul Sample
picture by Paul Sample  
I found a framed 14 x 19 inch picture by Paul Sample.  It must be a print of either a watercolor or an oil, but I have been unable to find out any information about the picture.  It appears to be from the 50's due to the type of framing.  Any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Bev

Answer
Dear Bev,

Your print is a copy after a painting by Paul Sample titled "County Fair". It was reproduced and released in a spiral bound book with other prints by American artists at the time in 1945. The book is titled "Fine Art Color Prints by Celebrated American Artists. It was published by Peoples Book Club, Inc. in Chicago. The value of the print is considered "decorative" since the print is not original and the book is still available on the secondary market for under $50. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley