Fine Art/Paul Sample print

picture by Paul Sample
picture by Paul Sample  
I found a framed 14 x 19 inch picture by Paul Sample.  It must be a print of either a watercolor or an oil, but I have been unable to find out any information about the picture.  It appears to be from the 50's due to the type of framing.  Any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Dear Bev,

Your print is a copy after a painting by Paul Sample titled "County Fair". It was reproduced and released in a spiral bound book with other prints by American artists at the time in 1945. The book is titled "Fine Art Color Prints by Celebrated American Artists. It was published by Peoples Book Club, Inc. in Chicago. The value of the print is considered "decorative" since the print is not original and the book is still available on the secondary market for under $50. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.