Fine Art/Please help with the signature

Question
Signature
Signature  
If at all possible. I am trying to "recognize" the signature on a beautiful watercolor. Sometimes it looks Cyrillic, or not.
Please advise how do I pay for this service.
Ilya Feygin

Answer
Ilya,
You have the work of a local NJ artist, Thomas John Caparn.  Descended from a family of nurserymen and seed propagators in Newark-on-Trent, Caparn came to Short Hills from Britain in 1884 and established a nursery there.  He also developed a love of painting, and chiefly taught himself.  His primary works were naturally floral pieces, landscapes and seascapes.  He advertised in the Millburn, NJ paper, "The Item," as early as 1886 to give lessons in drawing and painting.  He mentored his nephew William John Caparne, who became a somewhat recognized artist in the UK.  Thomas John Caparn died August 23, 1925 in Summit, NJ and his obituary is recorded in the Millburn newspaper "The Item".

Caparn's works do not appear at public auction frequently, and he is not well known.  There is not a strong market for his works.  

Stuart Cartwright