Fine Art/Sign oil painting

I am wondering if you know about the artist Bettina Steinke, and if you know if she always sign her painting with both names first and last or just last name . Thank you for time .

Mr. Rosario,
Bettina Steinke was a prolific signer of her works, many times leaving a brief note to the recipient of her work.  Yes, nearly always both first name, last name.  Pueblo women, cowboys, beautiful nudes, she was chiefly a portraitist.  Check with Altermann Galleries in Santa Fe, New Mexico for more information.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration