Fine Art/Sunset Seagulls

Question
Sunset Seagulls 704
Sunset Seagulls 704  
I found a painting called sunset seagulls signed by R Hughes.  It is a 5"x7" painting on a 2" frame.  The appears old, but probably not more than 60 years.  It has a mystical look as the seagulls fly up like a teem of bats.  Any help I can get on this item, I would so much appreciate it. I once thought to throw it away, but decided to hold on to it.  My wife keeps pushing me to throw it out.  It has a number on the back that says #704.

Answer
Vincent, I am not sure about the artist. It could be by a gentleman with the name of Raymond Hughes but without any definitive information I cannot say for sure. It is a nice painting and it is at least worth what you paid for it. But without any other substantiating information.

Joseph B. Laskowski