Fine Art/sydney muschamp black and white prints

QUESTION: i have two old prints on good paper old frames black and white looks like charcoal but says painted by this painter they are called gathering of the roses and after the bath. very good condition both .are they worth anything?

ANSWER: Depends on the medium. There are thousands of prints on the market with Muschamp images, but the artist had nothing to do with them. Modern Day digital scan (giclee)m prints are all over the internet these days. If you feel they are antique original work with the artists hand signature, they they have value. They might just be old decorative prints? I can't really say. I'd have to examine them.

QUESTION: Thanks for your answer I should have also said that onthe top of the prints there is this written Copyright 1915 Louis Wolff &Co Ltd.264Tottenham court road.London. Printed in England.As soon as I can figure out how to send you an image because I have just recently started using  this computer ,I shall.Thank you again for your time.regards Anette Joubert

One of the other experts here posted this for another person asking about Wolff:
Louis Wolff & Co., LTD, was a publishing house in London that is known to create high quality printings for and after the artists at the time; late 19th –early 20th century. They published many types of prints using various printing methods such as photogravures, etchings, carbotypes and photographs.

Also, from what I am reading it seems the selling prices of these old prints is below $200.00 US funds. I see quite alot of old engravings and etchings selling for low prices on the internet these days. The things that increase value are:
1. Hand worked by the artist.
2. Hand signed by the artist.
3. Low edition size (Less than 50)
4. Auction sales from the past.
5. Current fair market reports from known art appraisers.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.