Fine Art/Trace the painter!

QUESTION: Hi there! Could you help me identify the painter of the attached painting? We inherited it and have no idea who painted it or what its value would be... I would be grateful if you could help...Thank you! Elena

ANSWER: Re; The painting.
Thank you, for the inquiry.
I am fairly sure of where the location on the image is, down in Southern Italy.
However, in order to assist you further, I would need the following;
1. A good clear  image of the signature on the painting.
2. A good clear image of the back of the painting.
I look forward to seeing both images.
Take care.

Signature 1
Signature 1  
thanks for the prompt reply! I am sending more photos... I hope they'll be helpful...The signature isn't clear so the photos cannot show a better image.
Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you!

Hello Elena.
Many thanks for the posting the images, which I requested.
They not only ticked all of the boxes, but also and dotted all of the i's
I have no desire to be pedantic, however in order to give you the best possible answer - and also in order to help me understand - what  exactly it is - that that you want, please be so kind as answer a few questions;

1. How did you come by the painting; and when exactly?
2. Is the work at present locked away in an attic, or is it out on display?
3. What do you think of it personally; - hate- like - indifferent?
4. Why, do you wish to know more about the background information?

By supplying me with that information, would not only be a very great help, but  it will also enable me to give you the answer you  are which you are looking for.

Take care.

PS; If the weather Gods are to be believed, then perhaps, some early snows will soon be arriving up in "Cortina" and in time for Xmas. I mention this, simply because "Cortina" also has something to do with the painting.

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.