Fine Art/Chagall print

Question
lovers
lovers  
I am trying to identify a print by Chagall....and cannot find the image ....Title on verso is Les Amoureaus Mourlot....signed lower right, ed. 14/50, dated 1983.  It appears to be an earlier state of Cheval Bleu au Couple, M993...I have found several of these sold or for sale, but not this print....can you tell me its cat. raisonne #, and if the title I have is correct?  image size is 14x11, paper 17x22...Thanks for any help you might give.....jean

Answer
Dear Jean,

The actual French title is spelled Les Amoureux. You will also find it in searches in English as "Lovers". It was published by Mourlot Paris in 1982 with catalog number (M.994). Bonhams auction house has the size as 14 1/2 x 11in for the image area and 22 1/8 x 18 1/4in for the sheet. Another auction house has it slightly different. Someone who had your litho put the wrong year on the back.

I found a couple that have sold at auctions. I will give you the links for more information on estimated wholesale value. The price would be much higher in a retail gallery. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

http://www.bonhams.com/usa/auction/13916/lot/64/

http://www.kunstauktionen-duesseldorf.de/de/katalogdetails/13/133

Dolly D Headley