Fine Art/Dance, Theatre, Cinema and Photography in the Modern Era

Good day. I am a high school student from Asia and I am wondering if you would help me in a requirement for my Arts subject. We are now tackling the importance of different art forms in the modern era and i really need help with these questions.
How are the different art forms mentioned above used to communicate feelings and ideas to the viewers?

Which of these art forms mentioned is important in recording important events in man's life? Why?

Your response would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

RE;  The question  about Art.

I feel that the question might be about art and communication, throughout  history.
This is a very tall order and not a topic for a quick, ( fast food ) kind of answer.
At least, not if you wish to have a real answer.

Your question could and does - fill the  many halls of learning, it is more the subject for a series of lectures, in order to fully understand the whole concept correctly.
It also very much depends on important factor such as;

1. Which questions need answers and  why.

2. Ask yourself;  about the cultural background -  Western, Oriental, African, or South American, Central Asia, Polynesian, Eskimo / Inuit /???

3.Ask yourself -  The period / history time line. When and what exactly???

4.Ask yourself  - which kind of art form and medium? Video clips, cinema, painting, architecture, music, theatre, sculpture, dance, or just the  everyday psychologically manipulated images and hidden messages contained in advertising etc???

5.Look at this way; ask yourself - which lifestyles, events and when exactly???

6. Ask yourself - From “Bauhaus to Our House???”  Lifestyles and events from either modern Ray Ban / Gucci sunglasses, and life all the way back in time, to Pre-historic mankind???

In order to give you an answer, you would very much need to pick out something specific and small enough, to warrant a satisfying answer.

I hope that you can see, that you are casting a broad net with the question. In fact it is so broad, that I am unable to give you a concrete answer.

Except to say, no matter where you live in the world, mankind has always tried to make sense of the world around, to make that world more comfortable and to find an appropriate level and understanding for every living thing - within in the world.

For example our ancient ancestor called the “stone age man”, who lived around 35.000 years ago, also made a kind of graffiti on cave walls.
Modern people living today, like the artist Banksi; are also going around and  covering vast areas of cities with graffiti.
So if you like piercings and  tattoo’s, then check out Africa and Polynesia,
If you like fashion (fashionista’s) check out Paris, Milan, London.
If you like food, then  you can travel around the world in 1000 recipes.

You can also check out something very ordinary, and yet very profound and extraordinary.
It is quite simple and yet it is something; which also changed the whole world forever.
Simply try drinking, a cup of hot tea (sorry, no tea bags are acceptable on this trip –only real tea).
Real tea, served in a  real Chinese tea cup, or a Japanese Raku bowl.
Do that - and you have solved the greater part of your original question.

In case you come up with a  more concise question, then I am always pleased to help you out if I can.

Take care.
Ps; Please leave some feedback if you so feel inclined.

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.