Fine Art/G. Millrose paintings

I have been trying to find out something about the two oil paintings I have by G. Millrose. In all the research I've done it would appear he only did one painting, "cows in field". I'm sure that's not the case but that's all I can find. The two paintings I have are forest scenes and are in poor condition. I just wanted to know a little about the artist and if his work is worth haveing restored.
Thank you very much.

Dear Mark,

I have checked all of my artist research resources including Benezit and Whoís Who in American Art, and I cannot locate a listed artist with that name and initial. I was able to locate another of his paintings, (besides the one you found in a retail gallery), "a landscape with a lake", in the Smithsonian American Art Museum inventory. Apparently even the Smithsonian is unable to provide more than the artistís initial and last name. It does note that the painting they have was owned by Carl Geiger, a historian and author, in Princeton, New Jersey. I donít know if the address they have for Mr. Geiger is current, but you may want to try sending him a letter to see if he knows more about the artist and painting he donated to the Smithsonian. The address listed is 144 South St., Princeton, New Jersey. They also have him listed as living in Hightstown, N.J. You may want to try emailing the Smithsonian to see if they have additional information on the artist that is not listed in their website.
Though we cannot locate the artistís biography and full name, you can be assured your paintings are of historical value as being early work by an American artist. It is difficult to determine if the paintings should be restored and what the cost would be. I would take your paintings to a museum and ask for an opinion and direction as to possible restoration options. They have value, I just canít tell you how much without more information. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Link to the artist at the Smithsonian:,+G.%22&inde

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.