Fine Art/Huldah Prints

Question
Hello,
I recently found 3 Huldah Cherry Jeffe prints at an small antique store. I am sure they are prints only and not original paintings but 2 of them appear to be in original frames.
What would I need to look for to make sure they are prints only?  Also is there any value in the prints?  They are all 3 in good condition.
Two of the prints are the same girl and setting but one is much brighter in color than the other. I believe that one frame is ornate wood and that the other two are possibly gilded metal of some sort.
They are extremely beautiful and will not leave my home. I am curious if I made a good purchase with any value or if I purchased some very nice wall art.

I can provide pictures if need be.
Thank you so much for your assistance,
Margie Kinsley

Answer
Dear Margie,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this artist.  I recommend contacting Bonhams auctioneers at http://www.bonhams.com/usa/home/ to see if they might be of further assistance regarding authenticity and valuation.  

Regarding whether or not the pieces are prints, I would recommend looking for a plate mark if they are intaglio prints and also observing the texture of the work, as a painting would have a very distinct texture.  If you would like to read a bit more about printmaking and the various techniques, I recommend looking at the following link from Bay Area based gallery Masterworks Fine Art at http://www.masterworksfineart.com/art/printmaking.php#1-print-methodology.

I hope that this information can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans