Fine Art/lee reynoldds and h.wilson

hey there so i just acquired a very large lee reynolds painting of three seagulls and a H. Wilson painting of i think a winter paris scene i was just wondering if you could give me an estimate on how much they would be worth... both paintings are very large

Dear Ross,

The best way to get a current market value for your Lee Reynolds painting is to locate another of similar size on the secondary market. There are usually at least a dozen of his studio paintings on eBay. Try doing a search for "Lee Reynolds" in art on eBay and find one of similar size. Ultimately a person can ask whatever they want for a piece of art; but it is the buyer who determines the value by paying what they feel the art is worth. After locating the Lee Reynolds paintings that are actively for sale on eBay, use the "advanced search" function next to the search toolbar. This will take you to another page. Scroll down until you see the button that says "completed listings". This will give you the results of previous sales of the artist's work.

I can only do one research per question; but I can tell you that there are dozens of artist's with the last name of Wilson and without a first name it is impossible to be definitive of which one is your artist. I have been asked about similar Paris street scenes by an artist with the same name, but I was never able to locate information. It's value is likely decorative. Search eBay for Paris Street paintings to find comparable work.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.