Fine Art/litho by Sydney Muschamp

Question
loves-message
loves-message  
Hello
I have a litho of a Sydney Muschamp painting called "Lady of fashion" copyright 1902 by The Art Reproduction Co. Plough court London

I've seen the original painting with the woman wearing an all white dress and the title "Lady of Fashion". The litho of the one I have is the exact same painting but she's wearing a blue dress and the title is "Loves Message"

My question is do you think my litho is a fake. I've searched the web and
have never seen one in a blue dress with this title.

Thanks For Your Time
Mike

Answer
Dear Mike,

Your print is an antique reproduction after the painting by Sydney Muschamp. It is not an original print; but then none of the prints made after the paintings of Muschamp are original. I cannot tell by the photo, but it is probably hand painted. Some of his prints sell for $100 or more; depending on if they are hand tinted, size, subject and condition. Your print needs to be removed from that antique frame with the broken glass to prevent further damage. It looks like it has water damage and is dirty. Based on what I can see, the value is probably less than $25. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley