Fine Art/painting

Question
the living desert
the living desert  
This belonged to a women who once lived in either in New Mexico or Arizona-and only retired to Texas in the last 20 years.  This was her pride and joy until she died at 85.  There is some yellowing, but it hung in the woman's kitchen.

3 years ago I bought this at a garage sale of the granddaughter.

I have not been able to find artist info. it is large , gauging at least  42 wide by 36 tall. On some type of board, like a peg board. Signed in red all caps. JOHN SUTHERLAND.

Just would like to know who he is and other paintings he has done.
Thanks
Melissa

Answer
Dear Melissa,
I checked "Who is Who in American Art" and there is not a John Sutherland listed. He may have been a talented local/regional artist who painted for pleasure and never submitted his work to a juried show. It is a beautiful painting; even with the heavy soiling.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley