Fine Art/Painting background

Question
I have a painting 24x48 that is stamped reproduction rights Ira Roberts ink. The artist is v Lynn and the paintings name is early morning.  Just trying to get some history

Answer
Dear Cindy,

V. Lynn was a pseudonym name for California artist Victor Selinsky, (1925-2006). According to the artist’s biography, Selinsky was living in Laguna Beach with his family for a summer while managing an Aaron Brothers Art Gallery. During that summer he sold three ocean scenes (36” x 48”), at Aaron Brothers under the pseudonym V. Lynn. It further states that was the only time he used that name. You can find out more about the artist at:
http://www.askart.com/askart/studio/studio.aspx?Studio=11010321

I checked auction house records and cannot locate the sale of any of his oil paintings on the secondary art market, but there are several of his watercolors currently on the market in the $125-200 range.

Ira Roberts was a gallery and art publisher in Beverley Hills during that time. Having his name as owning the rights to the image makes me believe you may have a print rather than an original oil painting. Looking closely at the surface of the image with a high magnification glass should assist you in determining whether you have a print or painting. Any pattern will indicate you have a reproduction print after the artist’s original painting. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley