Fine Art/Painting signed "LG".

Hello. I have found a painting on the curb today. It is a beautiful picture of rocks and roaring waves. It has a small signature signed "LG" on the bottom right corner. It is a quite large painting. I was wondering if you coild tell me a little more about it and its value. thank you sir.

I apologize for a quick answer, but you should get a digital photo of your picture.  Frontside, backside, and closeup of the "LG".  Then you might have very productive time on the internet researching your work.  Also, don't be afraid to show your piece to a nearby gallery owner.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration