Fine Art/Paul Geissler German Artist

Question
The Vegetable Seller
The Vegetable Seller  
Dear Sir,

I have two signed etchings by Paul Geissler. The prints are both 9.5" x 13", with matting and framing they measure 16.5" x 20.5". Their titles are "The Onion Seller" and "The Vegetable Seller". The artist lived from 1881-1965. After much research I am still trying to ascertain their value. Thank you so much for your assistance!

Karen

Answer
Thank you for posting the image, Karen.
Based on the supplied information and image,the object would indeed appear to be by the German artist and genre painter, Paul Giessler (1881-1965.)
This artist however, is far better known for his works in oils than for his prints.
Working on the assumption that it is a original and genuine print, by Geiger and not merely a photographic reproduction, it does have some monetary value.
Obviously the value of such a print,is far less valuable than an oil painting by the same author.
The average valuations for his oil paintings, is however somewhere in the range of $2.000, unfortunately, the prints are of far less value.

Rather sadly,the Internet can only help you part of the way.

In order to achieve clarity and expedite matters more quickly, I would suggest the most logical step would be to get in touch with a local auction house, near to where you are located.
Unfortunately; you give no indication as to your location, however - the yellow pages will point you in the right direction.

It is very important that you either contact one, or more - of the local auction houses in this matter as good second opinions are always an asset.

The auction houses, do indeed, have all the necessary expertise to help with the following;
a) give you the all important "hands on" examination of the work.
b) assist with establishing the necessary authorship, provenance, condition, quality, including any forensics and valuations.

Such matters, are never straight forward and do cost both time and effort; for all those involved.
Very good luck with the next stage. At least you now have a more secure route mapped out, in order to help you even more.
I wish you all the best; and very good luck with the print!!!

Take care.
David.  

D. E. Lombardo