Fine Art/Reynolds oil painting

Question
I recently purchased a Reynolds signed oil canvas. It looks to be sunflowers with a spinning wheel. It is numbered 906AB. There is a Vanguard Studios, Beverly Hills California sticker on the back. Approximate size 3x4 feet. I would appreciate any information you could give me on it. Thank you.

Answer
Dear Leon,

Your painting is a Lee Reynolds/Vanguard Studios piece of art. Lee Reynolds represents a business venture that was formed in the sixties to create affordable oil paintings for the masses. Lee Reynolds Burr was born in Los Angeles in 1936. He attended the local schools and was awarded a Bachelor's Degree on Fine Art at the University of Southern California. He signed his early works as Lee Reynolds, but the name was later used by many artists who were hired to duplicate original paintings in Lee Reynolds’s workshop called Vanguard Studios.
Vanguard Studios produced more painted canvases bearing one signature, Lee Reynolds, than any artist in history, but none of the artworks for sale were actually painted by Lee Reynolds Burr.

The value of your painting is more decorative than investment and the online prices range from under $100 to over $1000. You can search “Lee Reynolds Painting” on eBay for other examples. The prices are based on their particular aesthetic value and the quality of the work from a particular artist. Some of the artists who painted for Vanguard were much better than others. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley