Fine Art/Robert Antoine

You answered the question below and stated if it was on heavy cardboard without glass that it was a print, does that make it worthless? I also have one of his paintings, never dreamed I could own something worth $$, I have never been lucky like that, but it sure would be nice...   :)

Thank you so much for your valuable time.

*** Dear Julie,

I will be happy to take a look at your painting if you can send jpeg images of the entire front, back, and several close ups of the canvas around the name. Please make them clear and high resolution.

Antoine' primary medium was oil on canvas; although he also did many watercolor drawings. If your painting is on heavy cardboard without glass, I can tell you now that it is a print.

His oil paintings are currently averaging between $8000-10,000 at auction. You may email your photos to .

Best regards,
Dolly  ***

The range of pricing on Robert Antoine (1932) is incorrect. I looked up the wrong artist. The average auction pricing for this artist is between $100-200.

Dear Pamella,

The reproductions on cardboard that I referred to in my original answer are pretty much worthless. They were mass produced from photographs of the original paintings. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.