Fine Art/Robert Antoine

Question
Dolly,
You answered the question below and stated if it was on heavy cardboard without glass that it was a print, does that make it worthless? I also have one of his paintings, never dreamed I could own something worth $$, I have never been lucky like that, but it sure would be nice...   :)

Thank you so much for your valuable time.
Pamella

*** Dear Julie,

I will be happy to take a look at your painting if you can send jpeg images of the entire front, back, and several close ups of the canvas around the name. Please make them clear and high resolution.

Antoine' primary medium was oil on canvas; although he also did many watercolor drawings. If your painting is on heavy cardboard without glass, I can tell you now that it is a print.

His oil paintings are currently averaging between $8000-10,000 at auction. You may email your photos to .

Best regards,
Dolly  ***

Answer
The range of pricing on Robert Antoine (1932) is incorrect. I looked up the wrong artist. The average auction pricing for this artist is between $100-200.

Dear Pamella,

The reproductions on cardboard that I referred to in my original answer are pretty much worthless. They were mass produced from photographs of the original paintings. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley