Fine Art/Picasso

Question
I have a painting on plastic, of DON QUIXOTE & SANCHO PANZA & on the back is a sticker that says  Modern Classic Series 10 Pablo Picasso Spanish-France 1881 - Modern Classics, Inc; the picture is signed & dated 10-8-55 & you can actually scrape off the paint. I assume it isn't real & sold for decorative purposes only but I figured what the heck I'll see if it's of any value before I throw it out.

Answer
I think what you have are silkscreen prints on plastic? The date probably refers to the date of the original work, and when they made the printing screens or plates, the date was part if the image. Your print was probably created many years later? I'm not looking at what you have so this is my best guess. If you feel you have something valuable, then it needs to be authenticated and appraised. Picasso works are not easy to verify these days as there are only a few experts out there who know what they are doing in this area.

Dan

Dan Twyman