Fine Art/Picasso Print

Picasso print 417
Picasso print 417  
Dan, I have a Picasso print which was given to me in the 1970's by someone who I helped out. I've been thinking lately of having it authenicated and appraised but first I'd like to know what is it and from what year. The size is 5X7 without a signature and numbered 417. I have looked at well over 1,000 Picasso prints and paintings and I have never run across this one.  Which is quite possible being that he created so many. Thanks for any input you can give.

Looks like an etching or an engraving, but it also appears to have an X accross the face of the image. This indicates the plate was defaced so it could not be used again. When a printing plate is used for a print run, the plate becomes worn and is destroyed or defaced. Also, if the print is a limited edition run, the plates are destoryed once the run is complete. I have seen many Picasso works and I have reference books with etchings, I will check and see if I can find this image. With no signature, I would not be able to sell this work as I only deal in signed works.
My main focus is Salvador Dali, but we do sell Picasso works every few months.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.