Fine Art/Song of Songs

I have the complete set of Song of Songs by Dali on Arches Paper edition 101 of 200, which I have had since December 1973 and purchased from the Continental Gallery of Fine Arts in New York.  How does one, or art experts themselves, verify whether a work is from the original run or one of the additional strikes.  I understand that the original plates might not have been destroyed after the original publication of this work and that Dali had signed blank sheets upon which these additional strikes were made - in other words they are in every respect identical to the original prints - how does that affect value?  Wouldn't it affect all editions the same?

The works need to be authenticated by one of the few experts qualified to do the work. Once they establish the date pritned and other key factors, your questions will be answered. Are you trying to sell them? Please send future messages to my email address, including images of one of the works and details about what you have will speed things up. Send to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.