Fine Art/Carle Vernet-Marche d'Officiers Anglais

"Marche d'Officiers Anglais"
A drawing by Carle Vernet and engraving by P.L. Debucourt .
The colors are very bright. It appears to be from a series by the artist because it has No.13 or 3 on top right hand side,
I am not able to understand writing on top left corner as you can see on pictures.The lower left corner reads "Dessine par  Carle Vernet & the lower right corner reads "Grave par  P.L. Debucourt. In the center underneath the title of the engraving is
"a Paris chez Ch R Bance, rue J.J. Rousseau No. 10"
There are age spots along the outer border and some small tears that had been repaired. Could you give an idea of rough value?

Sorry, forgot the link!

Dear Tamera,

Carle Vernet did a series of drawings of the English military that were later engraved by Philibert-Louis Debucourt (1755-1832), and hand colored. Yours is from this series. I will give you a link to a gallery that has other prints from this series. This should give you an idea of their value. Condition is extremely important on these and you must deduct for any damage on the print. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.