Fine Art/El Cid etching by Salvador Dali

I found am etching by Dali, while going through some of my mother's things. She bought the piece 35 years ago for $100.00. It has been in a drawer, in the frame, under glass, all of these years. It is signed by Dali, in the image, it has a certificate of authenticity with a raised seal on the back of the card board, behind the frame. Is this worth anything, is it an actual Dali work? How can I find out? She said she bought it, because the dealer told her it was a piece that would appreciate in value over the years, and she wanted to have a piece of fine art, to pass to her children. Any information you make have, or someone I can contact about this piece, would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like one of the prints from the Spanish Immortals series. The Collectors Guild was producing these prints back in the 1960's and sending them to members of the Guild for very low prices. As the bulk of these prints are signed in the plate and not hand signed in pencil, they still sell for very low dollar amounts. A good collectable to hang on to for the future. If you are interested in pencil signed Dali, you can request a free catalog by emailing:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.