Fine Art/Erte 4 panel

Many years ago I purchased a black lacquered 4 panel Erte the panels are connected like a screen and it's 6' high, each panel has a different picture and it weighs 50-60 lbs 1) Fantasia by Erte 1982 2) L'Indifference by Erte 1982 The Four Emotions Suite 3) The Jeweled Gown Suite 1986 4) Plum Blossom by Erte Asian Princess Suite 1986 each has eggshell incorporated into the picture.  I'm wondering if this is truly an Erte and if so, how much is it worth (I paid $350 for it but a crowd gathered when I was loading it into my car and the auctioneer told me it was worth a heck of a lot more) and how should I be storing it?

You probably have serigraphs (silk screen prints). I see them selling for affordable prices, probably because they are late works. Erte died in 1990 as I recall, so these would be late in his career. I am more a Dali expert, so I'd have to research to get more details for you. I would persue it and verify authenticity and then obtain fair market values and insure them. As time goes by (if they are authentic) the value should continue to rise.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.