Fine Art/Kaiko Moti "The Stallion"

Kaiko Moti Horse Lithograph
Kaiko Moti Horse Litho  
I have a signed and numbered (107/120) Kaiko Moti lithograph. The certificate I have calls it "The Horse" but the only thing I can find online that matches it is a print called "The Stallion". I purchased it in 1979. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dear Jan,

The print you have appears to be called "Stallion" as you have found. It is a highly popular image for the artist and has been reproduced in many different mediums. I believe the original limited edition was released as an aquatint etching. Are you certain your print is a lithograph? If original, an estimated retail value could be well in to the thousands. Some of his other horse aquatints are in the $5000 retail range. I cannot locate auction records on it. Does your COA call it a lithograph? Possible that the COA is incorrect.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.