Fine Art/Oil Painting

Putney on Thames
Putney on Thames  
I have a painting which I would like to know who the artist is and when the painting would have been done. I am attaching picture of signature. The painting measures 20 1/2 x 30 1/2. Title of painting is "Putney on Thames".
There is a single sheet of a newspaper in the back which is dated
January 20, 1886. I do not know if that is how old the painting is, or if the paper was put there to protect it.

Please help me.

Not much to go on.  But possibly
Robert Finlay McIntyre, a British painter
of that period.  A few landscapes have been in auction,
in last several decades, not bringing much.  See a
fine arts dealer in your area to pursue further. Good luck!  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration