Fine Art/Value of painting

When I retired some 16 years ago from a large company they told me I was welcome to all the paintings on my office walls. On those walls were two watercolors by James M. Sessions that hung for a time in the board room so they are most likely originals.  The watercolors are 16*24 harbor scenes. Do they have any value?

Congratulations.  You have a known fine artist, skilled with the watercolors (always the hardest.)  Hard to pinpoint without seeing the art, but I'd guess your art might fetch anywhere between $300 - $1,500.  In a few instances, buyers have paid more, notably where the composition is fuller, figures are included, or motion of boats or fishermen are depicted. He is fairly well known for his sporting art.  Feel free to send me a snapshot of the pictures.  (A Google Search of my name + Fine Art) will bring you to my website.  

Meanwhile, enjoy the art.  Hang it where you might see it every day!

Stu Cartwright

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration