Fine Art/painting

Question
Firenze
Firenze  
I have an 8x11" original painting or, possibly a lithograph that has been hand colored.  I bought the picture for the frame it was in and when taking it apart I discovered that the painting might be worth investigating.  There is a mark in the lower right corner which includes the word, Firenze, and a crown with the letter G underneath.  The back of the picture has a stamp.  On the bottom of the stamp it says, Firenze - Gall Uffizi and under that, Figura Muliebre. The picture was glued to a very thin press board and the rest of the stamp is not viewable.  Hopefully, the pictures I've uploaded will give you enough information to tell me something about the painting.

Answer
Dear Bev,

I found where you had posted additional photos on another site and was able to enlarge enough to see that your print appears to be hand colored. According to the information you provided, the print was commissioned by the Uffizi Museum in Florence, Italy. The original drawing is most likely part of the museums collection. Museums will often release high quality prints based on art in thier collections. I am not familiar with the artist; and the name translated basically means womanly figure; is more of a description than an actual title. I did some research within the museum and could not come up with the original.
The value of the print has been greatly diminished by someone gluing it to a board. Generally an antique print in good condition with hand coloring and an interesting subject such as this could possibly fetch $100 upward. You might try sending a photo to the Uffizi and asking if they can provide the name of the artist. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley