Fine Art/L. H. Banks / Robert Atkinson Fox

Question
banks painting
banks painting  
I am completely baffled by this painting, It's signed Banks in the lower right corner, I researched this for weeks and found a site that said L H Banks was primarily known as Robert Atkinson Fox. It's a landscape painting and looks very very similar to his work. I would love your input.
Thanks a billion,
Adam

Answer
Dear Adam,

It is a beautiful painting. I researched earlier work of R.A.Fox and your painting definitely resembles his other hillside landscape paintings. I read that when using the pseudonym of L.H.Banks on his paintings he used the initials and not just Banks. There are always exceptions, but do you see any initials on the painting? I would like to see more photographs including the signature and any other writing. If you can email high quality jpegs, send to dheadley@headleyfineart.com. Are there animals in the painting? The colors and style are very much like Fox's.

I can email you a photo of a painting that will show the similarities. I can't post it due to copyrights.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley