Fine Art/Original Antique Painting

Suzanne\'s Painting
Suzanne's Painting  
I have recently acquired an original antique painting.  I do not recognize the signature, and the last part is of the signature could be read a couple of different ways.  The canvas is approximately 20x36 in what appears to be an artistically painted frame custom to the painting.  The painting is on the waterside and it is raining.  There are reflections of the people on the boardwalk by the water.  There is a large partial cathedral type building with columns and a good bit of depth within them.  The women are dressed as in long, straight skirts with scarves over their heads or using umbrellas, and carrying baskets.  The men are in straight black suits with umbrellas.  In the right side of the painting, on the boardwalk there are four light posts and a sailboat.
The signature could be:
On the back of the wood that the canvas is attached to there is a definite GLENDALE mark that appears to be burned on the wood.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne, this looks to be a copy of a famous painting. Unless you could give me some reference as to the first name, I can't help any more than stating that there are many Welsh's in the database. It is an Italian scene looks to be done in the 50's with an older turn of the century frame. Based on what I see "limiting condition" it looks to be a decorative painting with a value of approx. $100-$200.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University