Fine Art/art print

Question
signed and numbered print
signed and numbered pr  
I would like any information you might be able to give me on this numbered print.  I am unable to decipher the signature.  I find the print fascinating and the artist quite talented, but who is the artist?  It is in excellent condition and professionally framed.  I am unsure of the medium.

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Bev,

You have a reproduction of a lithograph by the amazing Dutch artist MC Escher, [Maurits Cornelis Escher, (1898-1972)]. The print is titled "Ascending and Descending" and was released in 1960. The original lithograph is 13 x 11 inches. Originals rarely come up on the secondary market as his original work is extremely desired by collectors and museums. An original of this print recently sold for over $38,000 at Christies in London.

You can read more on the artist at:
http://www.mcescher.com/Biography/biography.htm

Perform an internet search using key words: Escher, Ascending and Descending; to read more about your specific print.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley