Fine Art/Artist: Boruta ?

Pete Sola wrote at 2012-01-24 19:28:30
Pete Baruta used to come in our diner almost every day {pete's Diner} we were right next to the N.J. state fairgrounds.On 2-5-57 he came in and I had the mumps.He tried to get me to pose,but I wouldn't so he took three flash shots of me with my hand covering my face.Finally he said Ihe was leaving so I turned to say goodby and he took one more.The next moring at five a.m. my parants arrived at the diner,and sitting in front of the door was a charcoal drawing of me with three flash bulbs in my hand hidinding my face and the caption "I don't wanna pose" in one corner and a full front facial in the middle.Signed and dated 2/5/57.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University