Fine Art/help ID artist

Question
signature
signature  
My husband and I are looking to start collecting original pieces. However, neither of us know how to inspect work or determine it's value. Can you give us any tips about what we should look for? Also, i'm trying to research a painting that's for sale at an upcoming auction but I can't read the signature. I've attached a photo. Any ideas? It's a mountain cabin scene near a pond. Here's a link to the whole thing
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u352/Katie_T85/moutainpicture.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Answer
This is why I provided a phone number. It's much easier to tell you. You are asking questions with very involved answers.
Dan

Your question about collecting involves a pretty extensive answer. My toll free number is: 888-888-3254 Ext. 204  I have been in the art industry for 30 years and can talk to you about how to collect. As I am a Salvador Dali Expert, I am not familiar with the image you provided. I'd have to research the piece to get answers. There is quite a lot to look out for when collecting, the internet is filled with copies and knock offs, so you have to know what your doing.

Dan

Dan Twyman