Fine Art/s. sideris oil on canvas 40"x40" appx.

I bought this s sideris oil painting at an estate sale.would like any information you could give me. This painting is large looks like its in its original frame. thank you in advance!   Brandon M. Hill

Stephano Sideris (1921-)

Born in Athens, Greece, 1921.

Receiving his education at the E.O.N. Art School,  he was awarded first prize for the Attica Messagion Competition. His father discouraged his pursuit of art and prevailed upon Stephanos to study economics at the University of Athens where he received his B.A.

Never forsaking his art he continued his studies followed by three successful exhibitions in Athens, Salonica, and Pireaus.   Recognized by the press his reviews in 'Provoli' reported "Sideris is an artist who will achieve great heights."

In 1961 an exhibition at the Gallery of Art in Athens earned him praise from renowned art critic, Constantopolous who claimed Sideris destined for success

In 1963 following acclaimed exhibitions in Italy he was shown at Koroplin in Athens where Kessaris, art critic for Iolocos wrote, "in the work of Stephanos Sideris, artists may see what can be achieved by a true artist when he joins his soul to his talent. "

Previous info is from Askart.

His paintings sell for $200-$300 at auction.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University