Fine Art/value of authentic THE ROAD-WINTER

Dear Ms. Headley,  
         Thank you for your time. My Family has had a large folio of The Road- Winter for over 100 years. Assuming it's an original, what is the dollar value of this item ?

Thanks Again,  

Dear Vince,

I hope you are doing well. Art values change daily and are also affected by the economic situation at the time. To get an idea of estimated current market value you need to find recent sale examples. I was not able to locate a recent auction of the print; but I can tell you that an original in excellent condition would probably retail over $30,000. Auction (wholesale) estimates are in the $15,000-25,000 range.

In determining the value you must also take into account the condition of the print. If yours has some damage, you will need to take that into consideration when comparing it with others for sale or sold.

Many of the C&I lithographs were printed as “re-strikes” from the original plates or copied at a later date. One of the best quality reproductions was issued by Andres Inc., N.Y. in 1942. The Road-Winter was part of this printing. It usually takes an expert looking at the print in person to tell the difference between the original and a good quality reproduction. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.