Fine Art/1928 lithograph, Rosalind Howe (map)

Rosalind Howe
Rosalind Howe  
Thank you so much for this service!  I have an original 1928 lithograph map by Rosalind Howe Sturges Allen called, "An Anachronistic Topography of Vassar Female College and its Environs, 1861-1928."  I love it so much, it's so witty and fun.  My ex didn't love it as much and accidentally broke its frame.  Beyond my fondness it, I don't know its "worth."  I just love it.  But I don't have it stored all that well--I've moved a couple of times and its gotten some dings on the corners.  I've read about Rosalind Howe and seen some of her later maps, but there's not a lot of info I can find.  If you can help, ((((JBL))))---Best wishes!

Rosalind Howe Sturges Allen was an artist and architectural cartographer who pioneered the use of anachronistic maps which featured the architectural history of a place rather than its geographic features. She was born in 1907 to Mary Locke and Wallis Howe and graduated from Vassar College in 1928. She died in 1999.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University