Fine Art/Anco Bilt Oil painting

Two women
Two women  
I have a painting of two women in a gold/brass colored frame that says "anco bilt". It is very difficult to make out the artists name. But the first initial looks like a "g" and the rest seems to say Jeyress or Jefress. It's so illegible that I am not sure if that is even correct. There is a year that appears after the name that reads '59. I am looking for any information regarding this painitng that you are able to give. Mainly looking for the artists name and the title of the painting. Thanks!

Re: The painting.
Thanks for posting a question along with an image, as it helps tremendously to make sense of your question.
1. Anco bilt linguistically would appear to be quite gibberish, as it makes no sense. Perhaps bits are missing, either rubbed or flaked off; that seems quite probable. The Italian for taking a break as depicted in the image, is "Stanco" meaning tired. The bilt bit, I fail to make any sense of.
2. I can find no track record of an artist with the name you put forward.
3. Judging by the supplied image, my gut feeling is that the image was probably executed around the period 1920(ish).
3. It has a definite Italian, or Sardinian flavour to it.
4. It is a landscape pastoral scene.
5. There are vast quantities of unknown artist in circulation, of which this is but one of the very many.
6. The internet in spite of all the hype and expectations has its limitations. Without going into all of the technicalities involved, we have in fact reached that limit.

Advice and conclusions.

I would trot along to an auction house near to where you live with the object, and ask them to give it a once over.
Direct - hands on "evaluations" by good auction houses, are infinately better than the internet.

Next time you ask a question; please, do take an image of the back of the object and also take it out of the frame, before taking a good clear shot.
Tip; For your ears only until the auction house give you a verdict, so please don't jump the gun.................once the verdict is given, see if by mentioning the name Gaetano Jerace he shakes his head, or not.
Otherwise, make an appointment and zip along to a larger museum near to yourself with the painting. They might, require you to send them an image first.
Gaetano the old rascal, made lots of paintings in various styles, flitting like a butterfly from one to the other quite often.
He lived, if I remember correctly from 1860-1940.
That’s all the help I can provide, the footwork is now up to you.
Expect a bumpy ride and a few ups and downs, as it is all a bit tricky.
Good luck with the hunt, but I am sure that you will get there in the end!!!
Bye for now and take care.

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.