Fine Art/Art print

Question
Picture of uniformed man
Picture of uniformed m  
I would like to know who the artist is and any information you may have about this picture.  We picked up the picture on a trip through the midwest a couple of years ago thinking the figure was that of a railroad conductor.  Any light you can shed will be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear Bev,

You have a print from a series of caricatures printed and released by Vanity Fair between 1868 and 1914. They lampooned and praised eminent Victorian and Edwardian politicians, sportsmen, lawyers, judges, and other high profile men.

There are hundreds of images and the only way to find out the identity of your subject is to do an image search using key words "vanity fair spy prints", until you find one like yours. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley