Fine Art/Cecil Aldin

Edinburgh Coach
Edinburgh Coach  
I have owned a print entitled "The Edinburgh Coach"  for over 30 years.  The image is about 8 by 28 inches and the paper has an embossed edge. I do not see an imprinted or pencil signature. Under the image on the left it says "Painted by Cecil Aldin"  and under the left it says "Copyright- Published by Richard Wyman & Co. LTD at their popular Print and Caricature Warehouse 16, Bedford Street, Strand, London. (bo-ed)."
How can I assess its rarity and value?  Thank you!

Dear Thomas,

I will try to answer your question on how to assess the rarity and value of your Cecil Aldin print. The best method online is to use key word searches and look for other examples of your print. Try: Cecil Aldin, The Edinburgh Coach. You will find there are many listings that will come up. I selected one I found for sale at a retail gallery in London:

I notice that your print has been exposed to moisture on the right margin causing staining and ripples. This will affect the value of your print substantially. The other factor to consider with your print is that it is not hand signed; as is the other examples I found. Take these two factors into consideration when assessing the value of your print versus the pricing of prints in excellent condition.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.