Fine Art/Elton Bennett silkscreen

Elton Bennett silkscreen
Elton Bennett silkscre  
I found this Elton Bennett silkscreen at a thrift store.  There is a lot of information about this artist and his beautiful silkscreens and seriographs.  However, I am puzzled by the fact that I can find absolutely nothing about a silkscreen or print this small.  The actual picture is 4 x 6 and mounted in an 8 x 10 frame.  There is no name for the picture and no date.  On the back you will see that a note was made indicating that this is an "early" silk screen.  Is there anything you can tell me about this picture? I will send a second picture showing the back.

Dear Bev,

I hope you are doing well. Not being familiar with the artist; I went to his website and read that all of his silkscreens are on 19"x25" sheets. Are you certain you do not have a reproduction? The artist's daughter manages his website and graciously offers to answer any questions on his work. I would contact her and ask if he ever released an original silkscreen on smaller paper. I will give you the link to her information page. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.