Fine Art/George Copeland Ault watercolor

Question
unknown - (still life)
unknown - (still life)  
Mr. Cartwright, I recently purchased an original George Copeland Ault watercolor on eBay from someone in Florida.  I know that I was taking a risk, but it looks very much like a GC Ault painting to me and the signature looks authentic.  Could you please give me your opinion regarding its authenticity.  Also, if it is not authentic, is there a recommended protocol for dealing with it (i.e., destroy it)?

Answer
Patrick,
It looks good (over the internet) to me.  Signature looks good.  The surreal composition and the washed out colortones look like Ault. You could consult the Fletcher Gallery in Woodstock NY, where Ault lived and worked.  Please don't every destroy a painting.  If you like it, hang it, enjoy it.  If you buy a real stinker, give it away at the church bazaar, donate it.  Give it as an inexpensive gift.  Add your own touches to it!  

Best,
Stu

Stuart Cartwright