Fine Art/Painting

I bought a painting today and I am sure it's an original. The signature is simply "Remington". I do not believe it to be Frederick Remington. The canvas appears to have been treated properly prior to painting on it and the frame is a plain wooden frame. The painting is very's a picture of a beach scene from the sand and the waves are well defined. There is a overcast in the clouds and four seagulls in flight. I have attached a picture of the signature. I can send one of the entire painting at request. Any idea of the value in general?

Dear Paul,

Go ahead and email me good quality jpeg images of the entire painting; front and back; and close up of the signature. Photo any other writing as well. Email to If you have a problem sending to that email, try

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.