Fine Art/Picasso Aquatint

Hello Dan,

I know you specialize in Dali but was wondering if I could get your opinion on this Picasso Aquatint La Tauramaquia. The person is trying to sell it for 3200 and it comes with a certificate of authenticity, is it worth paying that?

Thank you very much for your time.

A. Authenticity is the most important issue here.
B. Condition of the print is 2nd issue
C. The prices of authentic Picasso works start at much higher levels.
D. We no longer look at Ebay and other sites as the last number of works we examined from them were Fake.
C. There are galleries that claim to sell the same print. They want alot more money, but they also are lacking in the authenticity process. It costs quite a bit to properly authenticate a Picasso.

Bottom line, if the seller and the buyer do not know what they are doing, money can easily be wasted.

As an example, if we were to sell you one of the Picasso prints we have here, you would receive documents from two known experts that have extensive background with Picasso works.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.