Fine Art/Idenitfy paintings / artist

Painting 2
Painting 2  
Hi -  I found two small original paintings (both have an image measurement of approx 5x3) at a yard sale that I really liked. Both are framed and on the back of the frames there is a paper plate that reads "David Bendann's Fine Art Rooms 105 East Baltimore Street Baltimore".  One appears to be painted on some sort of plastic canvas and has a metal plate on the frame that says "sessa" - the other has a signature I can't quite make out. I was curious about the artists but can't find any information on them.  I am attaching photo's of the paintings with signatures and hope you might be able to provide a little history? It looks like I can only attach one image at a time so I will repost this question with the 2nd image. Thank you!

I like the piece (painting 2) you have shared with me.  Alas, I am unfamiliar with "Sessa", suffice it to say there are a few Italian artists over the last 150 years with this name, and perhaps Nicholas Sessa is your artist?  That would be a bit of a stab in the dark.

More certain is that David Brendann's Fine Art Rooms in Baltimore has been a family business for over 150 years.  Today it is doing business as Brendann Art Galleries in Baltimore.  I would not hesitate to contact them and ask if they have a record of your artwork.

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration