Fine Art/identifying prints

Boat & Wharf
Boat & Wharf  
QUESTION: Joseph,  I've recently acquired two original pieces of artwork that I'm having difficulty identifying.  One is named "July Heat" by Miriam Haworth '52.  The other is named "Boat & Wharf" by (illegible first name) Bindford '54.  They are hand signed and have some other numbers at the bottom, as if they were prints.  The actual images (inside the matting) measure around 17x8.  They are both framed identically and may have been purchased at the same time.  Any info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Can you send me a close-up of the signature for Bindford?  I found basic information from google about Miriam Haworth but nothing substantial.

signature Bindford
signature Bindford  
QUESTION: Let me know if this comes through alright.

The Conejo Valley Art Museum is offering an unframed *serigraph of your choice (in the category that you give) with a donation of $1,000.00, $2,000.00, 5,000.00 and up. The artists of these serigraphs are Bob Click, Howard Bradford, Miriam Haworth and Franco Cuiti. The first three artists exhibited at the CVAM in January of 1985 in the show titled Serigraphers of the 50s and 60s.

Howard Bradford is the other artist. They were printmakers from the 60's. Your prints have a value of about $100 a piece.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University