Fine Art/Llopis Matador Painting

Question
Llopis - Matador
Llopis - Matador  
I received a painting a few years ago from my father when he was clearing out some possessions. He received it as a wedding gift in 1972. I like it, it's cool and different. I did a search for the artist and discovered that he was well-known and has some high priced paintings. I was just curious as to the authenticity of the painting, and possibly a value? I'm not intending on selling. The painting has been hanging on a wall in my house for as long as I have been alive and has a lot of sentimental value. Whether it's authentic or a replication, it's staying. I would just like to know for piece of mind I guess, and I suppose also for insurance purposes. If it is authentic and valuable, I want to definitely insure it. Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. I included photo. I have more, but this site only allows me to upload one. If you need more, I do have more, just please give me an email that I can send them to. Thank you very much for you time, and any information that you have will be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Llopis poster
Llopis poster  
Dear Michael,

I hope you are doing well. Your painting is actually a poster copy after the original painting by the artist. It is most likely an offset lithograph. The value is probably more sentimental than monetary. I am glad you enjoy it in your home. I have attached another poster after the same painting as yours that was used for Mexico tourism. It was a vintage poster that sold at auction for $90. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley