Fine Art/Miro Lithograph

MIro initial
MIro initial  
I purchased this Miro Lithograph from an Estate Sale.  I removed the piece from the frame and am certain it is a lithograph.  At the bottom left are the initials 'HC' and on the right bottom is the initial 'M' - The "M" looks to be the same as Miro signed his 'M' within his signature, but there is no sign of the "iro".   Both of these initials are done in pencil;  Based on the way light hits these initials it looks to have been added as one can see pressure marks and a 'sheen' to the lead.  Is there a possibility that Miro would sign his initial as an approval for this proof? Does this Lithograph have any value beyond the 100.00 I paid for it?  can I obtain any COA?  I can have this appraised as I live in Los Angeles, but would enjoy hearing your advice

All the Miro graphics I have sold have the name Miro and not a single letter? HC definition: Hors d'Commerce Proof (HC) - Print identical to the edition print intended to be used as samples to show to dealers and galleries. These proofs may or may not be signed by the artist.

If you are selling or need someone to authenticate, send an email reqeust to: <-- Email image of work here

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.